Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Giving Things Up...

is really, really hard.

Tomorrow, it shall be exactly one week since i've consumed a wonderful, delicious, cup of coffee.
And I've never wanted coffee more than right now- 5:09 am on this Wednesday morning. There's a devil sitting on my shoulder telling me there's NO WAY I'll make it into work without one...

Why am I trying to give up coffee? Several reasons, but the most important (to me) of which is due to my sleeping problems.  I wouldn't say I have insomnia..  it just takes me 3 hours to fall asleep on a given night, leaving me only 4 hours of quality sleep, and then I tend to walk around like a zombie the next day, only to do it all again.  By Friday, I am completely burnt out.  And I'm 28. The reason? Coffee.

I was taking large amounts of caffeine to keep me awake, and at times, taking things at night to put me to sleep. No wonder my body was so screwed up!
All in all, I am feeling much better now. A lot of the sluggishness I was accustomed to feeling towards the mid afternoon has gone completely.  I've not given up caffeine completely, I've replaced it with tea; a lesser evil.
And a friend told me about this creation called ' Teecino' which is made from....nuts. But I'm looking forward to trying it. As soon as my shipment is in, I'll let you know if it's any substitute for coffee...

warm...delicious... wonderful...coffee.

i miss you.

1 comment:

  1. I think I bleed coffee.
    I have not attempted, but imagine it's pretty hard. Good luck.
    I'll make sure there is tea at "The Coffee Shop"

    ReplyDelete