I’ve been waiting for something, I’ve been sitting for too long - Mae
So today is DAY 5 leading up to this Friday, which will be my last day working for this company.
A few things I’ll miss:
1. My fellow cube warrior and the strongest and best personality I ever encountered in my one and a half years here. They say some things happen for a reason, and I think working here was set up for the sole purpose of us meeting and joining forces.
2. The salad bar in the building’s cafeteria. Not only do they have every veggie I could want on my salad, they also know how to satisfy my ranch tooth. ‘Nuff said.
3. Every day is casual Friday- what am I wearing today, u may ask- Jeans and sneakers.
4. Going for walks on the prairie walking trail, #1 at my side.
5. Helping patients. It won’t be a part of my new position, and I will miss the rewarding feeling I get when I’ve helped clear some confusion or resolve an issue that would have otherwise taken months.
Things I won’t miss:
1. This horrific Chair, an embarrassment to chairs the world over. It’s padded foam, decorated with cheap blue fabric, stapled to some plastic legs. It provides no support, no comfort, and I think I’ve developed a hunchback by sitting in it. They have better chairs in prison, I’m sure.
2. The Cube Mate. Though I must thank her for basically getting me this job, and also, for inspiring me to move on to a different one. I owe it all to her, really. But miss her? Absolutely…not.
3. The women’s bathroom, and the male janitor who cleans it 20 times a day, and only when I really have to pee.
4. The hens- The ones who spend all day clack clack cackling- Noone Cares.
Tune in Tomorrow for Day 4.
It’s the trip of a lifetime
3 months ago